Is This A Bad Idea?

Business By sweetneice Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm by sweetneice

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 5

Hey all!
I'm getting equipment lined up for my shop and a friend of mine who owns a cake supply store suggested that I just use one display case to start with I initially wanted two, but at the risk of being cost effective I considered the idea. I thought well.........maybe I can just fill up this case and get some of the smaller acrylic cases to put the muffins in. The case is not HUGE, it's a medium sized case. I also thought of using cake stands with see through domes to put items in as well. What's your take on this concept. Will I be just as successful starting out with one case and doing what I just explained until I can afford reasonably a second one? I will be able to get in the case what I need to. Perfect working condition and has curved glass! Beautiful! Selling it to me for only a few hundred dollars! Thank God for great cake friends who have been in the business longer than you and want to see you succeed, thus helps you out. Ok, let me hear ya cakesters! TIA! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 5

I think it could work.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 5

I agree with peg818, sounds like it is worth waiting. Good Luck! princess.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 5

The only downside I see to not getting two now is that if you wanted them to match they might not if you get one now and then one later. I guess it depends on how picky you are!

At a local cake shop in town, they have one display case up front that is full of cake orders for that day. If there's more than what will fit, the cakes stay in one of the back refrigerators and get brought forward as there is room.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys! I feel much better hearing that from fellow cakesters

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%