Quick!! Gumpaste Tiara

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm by Cathy26

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 3

Hi guys, i'd usually pm someone or trawl through topics but im in a hurry and need to make this asap. havent made a gumpaste tiara before and was wondering how to dry it? do you wrap greaseproof paper round a can or jar and then slide it off? also what is best Nicholas Lodges recipes of gumpaste or my usual lindy smith fondant mixed with cmc or gum trag - i used both but wanted to make whichever one is better for this type of weightbearing fine work

thanks in advance!

2 replies
kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Cathy24, I have only made one, you can see in my pics but it was much easier than I thought it would be. You can first draw out the design with marker on a paper or use one of the many templates here on cc. Then I covered the paper with parchement and put it on a utensil holder (round cylinder shape). I put a gumpaste/fondant mix (mostly gumpaste) in the clay gun & just twisted & layed it using the template under as a guide. It is much stronger than royal & had no breakage problems when removing it the next day. Any other questions, just ask. Hope this helps.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 3

fantastic, thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%