Edible Images-Please Help

Decorating By Ladybug78 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 6:50pm by DessertGirl

Ladybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug78 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 12

Hi there, does anyone know where to get GOOD preprinted edible images from. I need a good website fast. Thanks your help is appreciated.

11 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:03am
post #2 of 12

Check ebay. There is usually a large selection to choose from and some of the sellers will custom print for you. icon_smile.gif

Lea

GottaLuvCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GottaLuvCake Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:04am
post #3 of 12

I have used this company before and was very happy, digital pictures are going to be the quickest ordering method.
http://www.icingimages.com/

you do not have someone local to do this ?

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:33am
post #4 of 12

I'm sure some of the ebay edible image vendors are fine, but I ran into a particularly nasty one the other day. She advertised custom sizes and lettering, so when I ordered I specified the sizes and the lettering. The images came with the correct lettering, but not the correct sizes. She adamantly claimed she got no message indicating sizes. Then how did she know about the lettering? The specs were in the same email!!

Even though I forwarded her a copy of that email, she claimed she never got it. When I threatened to put the transaction in dispute with paypal and leave negative feedback, she pulled the listing. That resulted in my being unable to leave feedback. Very clever. I was so mad I thought I would have a stroke!

After much back and forth, she agreed to send me half of the orignal order as specified, through regular mail. I had originally orded Express Shipping.

Lesson learned. I'll either buy the setup to do it myself, or find a way around using an edible image.

Teekakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 12

Grandmom.......So sorry that happened to you! icon_sad.gif
However, her pulling the listing is in no way a means for her to stop you from posting feedback and reporting her. She can pull the listing all she wants to but ebay has her listing on file and she can't take that away. All original listings and any edits are kept by ebay for 90 days....longer if one is being disputed. This is how they resolve any disputes. Also it is important to keep your contacts with the seller/buyer through the email system ebay has put into place. If you contacted her with correct lettering and sizes through ebay then she can lie all she wants but ebay will have a record of her getting that email. They can tell if it was opened and read too!
Regarding feedback, If you made your purchase through the ebay auction you have the option of leaving feedback. She can not stop that and she can not leave negative retaliation fb either. Ebay put a stop to that.
You should contact ebay and make this person complete your order! thumbs_up.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 12

Try www.lucks.com

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 12

The setup to do it yourself isn't that expensive is you don't buy "the kit". You can find a list of printers on kopykake's website and purchase the printer wherever you can get the price. I got mine on ebay for $60 w/USB cable. I order my icing sheets from kopykake as well as my edible ink. I also purchased new, refillable cartridges on ebay and purchase the refill ink (kopykake)which keeps the cost down significantly.

Teekakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

The setup to do it yourself isn't that expensive is you don't buy "the kit". You can find a list of printers on kopykake's website and purchase the printer wherever you can get the price. I got mine on ebay for $60 w/USB cable. I order my icing sheets from kopykake as well as my edible ink. I also purchased new, refillable cartridges on ebay and purchase the refill ink (kopykake)which keeps the cost down significantly.

thumbs_up.gif Ditto Tiggy2!

prayerwarrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prayerwarrior Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 12

I have used Walmart. They print the image for 6.00. Also, Brookshires for 5.00

Ladybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug78 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:04am
post #10 of 12

Thank you so much, I appreciate all this help. I am going to research each place.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:14pm
post #11 of 12

One more thing. If you do end up purchasing your own printer and end up with a Canon, I recommend Icingimages.com for ink. KokyKake inks always clogged my printer and ruined my Canon so I ended up purchasing another printer. Icing images ink has been amazing! Sometimes I don't use my printer for a month and I'll come back and it works perfectly.

DessertGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DessertGirl Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 6:50pm
post #12 of 12

Hi I found this lady close to home. She is great! I can pick my order up with not very much notice. She also will do any picture you want including family photos. Her name is Beverly. Good Luck.
[email protected]
www.partyheadquarters.ca

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%