What Wilton Products Do You Actually Use And Like Using?

Decorating By babeebk Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 10:48am by grandmom

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:44pm
post #31 of 34

I like my fondant paddles/smoothers.

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm
post #32 of 34

Since I am such a newbie, I don't have alot of anything other than Wilton at this point.

Someone please enlighten me!

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:19am
post #33 of 34

shelley - if you google a general topic such as "gumpaste" you will find lots of online sources such as sugarcraft, global sugarart and many others, for molds, cutters, coloring and other tools that wilton doesn't have.

one other great color that wilton offers is burgundy. like others, i'm a fan of ivory too.

i also have the gp flower kit and as a beginner, it's been very helpful to me.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:48am
post #34 of 34

I, like others, thank Wilton for getting me started in decorating all those years ago. I had no idea anything else existed, as that was looong before Internet days!

I love the cake lifters. With two, you can maneuver the largest of layers easily. I use the Meringue Powder when I need royal icing.

Texas-Rose, I have that very rolling pin you're wanting, and while I like it, I really prefer that big aluminum pin with handles that Sugarshack Sharon uses in her DVDs. I can get a lot of fondant rolled out much quicker and with less effort with the handled aluminum one. You may have different results though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%