How Long Can I Keep Mmf?

Decorating By lizzie84 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 12:24am by Kims_cakes

lizzie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzie84 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 9

I made a batch of Rhonda's Ultimate MMF last week. I have kept it in a air tight bag but NOT in the refrigerator. Can I still use it?

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:10am
post #2 of 9

Sure, mmf keeps very well as long as you wrap it tightly. You may find it to be a little hard when you unwrap it, you can put it in the microwave for 10 second intervals and kneed it to soften.

Be careful of hot spots from the microwave when you kneed.......learned this the hard way. icon_wink.gif

I've used it 2 to 3 weeks after I made it and it's been fine.

lizzie84 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:16am
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I am only using it to make small circles on my BC frosted cake, but I didnt want to make a whole new batch if I didnt have to.

Deb_ Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 9

Oh you're very welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:16am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Be careful of hot spots from the microwave when you kneed.......learned this the hard way. icon_wink.gif

I agree...a melted marshmallow burn is the worst because it sticks to the skin...now, I'm much more careful, but before, I could be heard yelling, "Son of a bi*ch" while frantically trying to peel it off icon_lol.gif .

lizzie84 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the warnings. I actually saw a marshmallow burn first hand the other night when my daughter was roasting them and since she likes them black, she brought the flaming marshmallow to her face to blow it out but it hit her face first. Kinda off the subject but I get what you are saying about marshmallows--they are like tar when they are hot! icon_sad.gif

Lizzie

Deb_ Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 9

Oh my God Liz, I hope your daughter is OK. I get so nervous roasting marshmallows for that very reason.

Uh oh, now I'm starting to sound just like my parents. icon_razz.gif

Hey Flourpots......I do that "son of a b**ch" dance too! icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 9

icon_lol.gif

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #9 of 9

Can you freeze extra MMF? I have lots left over and would love to be able to pop it in the freezer till next time. Anyone have any experience?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%