Getting My Agbay Tonight!!!

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 2:41pm by TheBlonde

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 25

I'm so excited. I just got off the phone with Maureen from the Agbay place (she so nice) and she's meeting me tonight to bring me my Agbay!!! We're only 20 minutes from each other and she has to make a trip to the town next to me tonight so she offered to meet up with me instead of shipping it!!! I may have to bake a cake tonight just to try it out! icon_smile.gif

24 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 25

Congrats! You are going to LOVE it! icon_smile.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 25

I agree you will definately love it. Maureen is a very sweet person, I spoke with her a couple of times when I got mine, great customer service!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 25

I recently got one and was mildly disappointed, I have to be honest. I thought it would be heavier (or sturdier I should say)...it didn't look like it was worth the 200 bucks I paid for it, especially since I only bake for family.

I had buyer's remorse...
and then I tried it on actual cake...
and then I understood what all the hoopla was about icon_biggrin.gif .

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 25

Be very careful!!
That blade is very, very sharp.
I've had one for years and still love it!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 25

She is definitely a sweetheart, she spoke to me on the phone for over 30 minutes, giving me all kinds of tips.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 25

I've never heard of an Agbay....I'm a hobbiest obvioulsy. I guess I can google this but I'll ask anyway; what is an Agbay?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickymom

I've never heard of an Agbay....I'm a hobbiest obvioulsy. I guess I can google this but I'll ask anyway; what is an Agbay?

Watch the video: http://www.agbayproducts.com/

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:23pm
post #9 of 25

Oh cool-looks niffty for those who are serious cake bakers.

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:23pm
post #10 of 25

Congrats. I know it will make your baking so much easier. It did for me.

TheBlonde Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:32pm
post #11 of 25

I'm home and it's put together...I have to say I thought it would be A LOT heavier than it is...that's fine though...can't wait to use it....I have two cakes baking in the oven...I have absolutely nothing to bake for but I can resist using it tonight...I'm so excited!

Maureen is seriously the sweetest woman ever! She used to live one town over from me but moved about 20 minutes away. She said she has some customers in my town but being 20 minutes away makes things a little harder so she asked if she could give them my number. icon_smile.gif

spring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 12:29am
post #12 of 25

Isn't Maureen just the sweetest? I have to say, if my shop caught on fire and could only take one thing...it would be my Agbay. Love it love it love it!!!!

Minette
www.minetterushing.typepad.com My Blog

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 12:40am
post #13 of 25

I got to use my spiffy new Agbay deluxe just last week!! I used it on Megan's wedding cake (in my pix) and I torted the 15 inch and the 12 inch cakes with it. Honestly, it cut better than I ever dreamed it could! Like a hot knife through butter -- and no tearing out the back of the cake or anything!! Amazing!! So of all the cake toys I own that is definitely one of the top three greatest purchases I've ever made! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:14am
post #14 of 25

Hope you've got a cake ready to tort! You're gonna love it!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:27am
post #15 of 25

Wow. I think it's quite heavy. But when I'm torting cakes, I'm torting a lot of them. The Agbay has made my caking life so much easier. I don't even want to remember the time BA (Before Agbay.)

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:29am
post #16 of 25

Congratulations on your new cake tool.

-Debbie B.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:34am
post #17 of 25

Jealous icon_eek.gif jealous icon_surprised.gif jealous icon_wink.gif Have fun I'd better get mine for Christmas lol

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:51am
post #18 of 25

I NEED one of those BAD my tiers are never the same size. Do you ever have to sharpen the blades after years of usage?

TheBlonde Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:23am
post #19 of 25

OMG...I love it!!!! I can't wait to cut into the cake tomorrow. I think I did 6 or 7 layers....can't remember....pics tomorrow icon_smile.gif

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:03am
post #20 of 25

I hate that I read either of your threads LOL.... my pocket book was much heavier before I found out about this neat tool... icon_razz.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 7:53pm
post #21 of 25

BA lol Leah .. thats how i feel too, i remeber all those broken cakes being pieced together after having had to rip them off the filling to re-level and the cakes that resembled topsy turveys ....ah distant memories!!

i love my agbay, i wouldnt even attempt a wedding cake without it. id have paid double for it if id known how good it was icon_smile.gif

Caike Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:42am
post #22 of 25

I went to the link that was posted which is where you order it - the cake that is torted on the right is insane. Has anyone ever tried something like that?? I'd be scared. LOL icon_redface.gif

TheBlonde Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:40am
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caike

I went to the link that was posted which is where you order it - the cake that is torted on the right is insane. Has anyone ever tried something like that?? I'd be scared. LOL icon_redface.gif

I did a 6 layer last night. I would love to try something like they did in that pictures but I need something to move the layers without breaking them....

Caike Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:56pm
post #24 of 25

How did the 6 layer go? Any breaking etc? And if it was for your family, do you have pics? icon_biggrin.gif

TheBlonde Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:41pm
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caike

How did the 6 layer go? Any breaking etc? And if it was for your family, do you have pics? icon_biggrin.gif

I had one layer break but all in all it went well. Next time I will put more frosting between the layers so that the layers are more defined when cut. Here's a pic. Eveyone at work loved it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%