Cookie Idea--Last Minute, Need To Start Tonight!!

Baking By Lenette Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm by luv2bake6

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 9

My daughters are going to be baptized this weekend. SUPER last minute but my oldest insisted it had to be this Sunday. So, I am rushing around trying to make the occasion nice for them.

She wants cookies but I don't have any ideas. I don't have a cross cutter and I need to do something relatively quick. I have a wedding this weekend, my house needs to be cleaned and I have to do the food too. Ya'll know the drill!

I am very excited about this, she came to the decision on her own and I am so proud. I am equally rushed and feeling a bit stressed.

Cookie suggestions appreciated!
icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 9

Do you have letter cookie cutters? The lower case "t" might work. Maybe a white dress of some sort? Anything that has to deal with water? Or a candle? Or maybe a white bird/dove?

These are the best ideas I've got. If you don't have the specific cutters, you could always do a general shape and decorate it to incorporate one of these images.

Good luck!

emilyc262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyc262 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #3 of 9

How about heart shape or plain circle/square with writing like God love you or whatever is appropriate for a baptism. Even heart shape with little white designs seems like it would fit. Good luck!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:58am
post #4 of 9

I would do a round crinkle cutter and white on white RI....

or something similar to these....in all white..

good luck!!
LL

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 9

Maybe these will work for you. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1419346
The dove is a Wilton plunger cutter, but a small heart would do in a pinch.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:54am
post #6 of 9

I imagine it's too late for cookie ideas, but congratulations to your daughters!

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #7 of 9

How about just a round cookie cutter (or one of those scalloped scone cutters) with white RI or fondant background and a pink cross piped on to them? Some could have their names, some the date, some the bible verse they chose.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone! I decided at 1AM that I was too exhausted to make the cookies so they got brownies instead! icon_lol.gif

Everything is over, it was beautiful day. I am just a bit sad that my MIL was not here to share with us, we lost her earlier this year. Now, I just need to clean up!

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 9

Glad to hear it turned out nice. Sorry to hear about your mil........just know that she was there with you in spirit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%