Bettercream

Decorating By lilym Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 12:11am by Uniqueask

lilym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilym Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys,

Want to know if you can use bettercream underneath fondant and if so how long can it be outside at room temperature.

Is bettecream also stable to hold said strawberry filling with fresh strawberries without spilling out of cake with pressure of fondant?

5 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 6

I remember reading that bettercream was not a good choice under fondant because it wasn't stable enough, especially in the heat. I would think it would be fine as a filling though. And you just know someone will come along and say they use it and it works like a charm, lol. icon_smile.gif I remember when I used to think fondant couldn't go in the fridge and then I got a bunch of replies saying they do it all the time. icon_smile.gif

Marcelita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marcelita Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 6

What is bettercream? At first I thought it was a typo and you had meant to write buttercream. I have never heard of bettercream before!!

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 6

I used straight chocolate bettercream to fill my last 2 cakes and it held up well. Granted, they were BC covered, not fondant. As far as staying out, it's non-dairy so there's no risk of spoilage. The My Little Pony cake in my pics sat outside in 85+ weather for 2 hours and nothing moved at all.
HTH icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 6

We use bettercream for fillings all the time. It works great and doesnt spoil fast.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:11am
post #6 of 6

Bettercream is a non dairy Frosting, you can cover cakes with it, if you don't want buttercream mostly sheet cakes I don't think you can do tiered cakes, it tastes like whippedcream but not too sweet, and a lot of people, including myself use it a lot to make fillings, it can be mixed with fruits like the sleeve fillings and I make a lot of cheesecake filling with it

check out richs dot com for more info on Bettercream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%