Freeze Spray???

Decorating By jewels710 Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm by chefjess819

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so can someone explain to me what this freeze spray is all about please?
I mean, I get that it adheres your stuff almost instantly, however, what mediums can it be used on, what is it made from, what is it really called and where do you get it?


3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 4

First source to come up on a Google search:

Basically, it is pure Tetrafluoroethene (refrigerant). You can use it on melted chocolate and melted sugar to repidly cool it to solid form.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 4

Actually in culinary school we just simply used those cans of air that they sell to spray out your computer keyboard. Just hold it up-side-down to get it to come out cold. Cheap and you can find them about anywhere (walmart, target, etc.)

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 4

they are actually canned CO2 like the canned air for your computer. i've never held the can upside down to have it be cold air, the co2 is naturally cold when compressed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%