What To Use For Feathers On An Eagle Head?

Decorating By kakeladi Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 2:42am by icer101

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 5

Do you have access to wafer paper? (Sometimes called rice paper). It would be the best IMHO.
Next idea: gumpaste rolled super thin.
OR: fondant (or mixed with gp ^^^)

4 replies
Jenbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenbud Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 5

I am not sure what that is. I will research and maybe give that a try! Thank you!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:02am
post #3 of 5

yes there is wafer paper i think that's what they use to transfer pictures on cakes. gumpaste super thin is still rock hard, if you want to 50/50 for figures, but i've never use it on a cake to cover. what is it you're trying to make

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #4 of 5

I piped mine on my eagle head. In the gallery I used the tip shaped like a U there is a large size U tip but I didn't have it so I used the little one took a while lol

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 5

go to earlenescakes.com.. she has some cakes that you can see. and how to's to buy.. hth.. she does it with the wafer paper

Quote by @%username% on %date%