Ideas Please!!

Decorating By Tiffany29 Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 2:12pm by crazydoglady

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all! I need a little help on a design for a cake for this Sunday. My DH works in lawn care and they are having their annual pig roast. DH asked me to make a cake with some kind of landscape scene. I can't come up with anything and I thought maybe some of you may have ideas!! I was going to go with a sheet cake 12x18. I'm not sure if I want to use fondant and b/c or all b/c. I have never used gumpaste and don't have alot of time this week to play around with it. So would it look cheesy if I used plastic trees. I need a little direction any and all help is greatly appreciated. ~Thanks~ Tiff

2 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 3

Take a picture of a lawn that you think you can do and keep it next to your cake and start from there, anything that looks like you can't do then change that part to something you can do but you would have a start HTH

crazydoglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydoglady Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 3

if you used plastic trees, maybe you could cover them with fondant or gumpaste so that you could dust them with color for dimension.

you could try sculpting low bushes too.

you could use a cutter to make tiny flowers in different colors. i'm new to gumpaste too and made this work in under an hour. i just colored five small chunks of gumpaste and mixed up the petal and center colors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%