Thoughts On Design?

Decorating By singinglark Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 5:33pm by BabyC1985

singinglark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singinglark Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 9

I am planning a Christmas party for my company - I know, early but I like to work way in advance - the theme is black, white and red. I am trying to come up with a cake and wanting some help with the design....here are some inspiration pictures and the design I have so far, thoughts? Changes?
LL
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 9

Stunning - Red, Black and White - love it.
No changes from where i am sitting thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Your original design with the transfer sheet for the middle tier will look absolutly gorgeous.
Cannot wait to see a photo of your finished creation.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 9

Well, I think that's GORGEOUS!!!!
Most beautiful and elegant!!!!!!!!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 9

I really like it. Change the roses on top to ornaments and place a few on each teir in clusters and maybe a couple off set single balls here and there- and you have yourself one knock-out design!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 9

I'm loving your design!!! judge.gif Can't wait to see it finished!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I really like it. Change the roses on top to ornaments and place a few on each teir in clusters and maybe a couple off set single balls here and there- and you have yourself one knock-out design!

I love the idea of changing the roses to ornaments too. Otherwise it's a beautiful cake.

singinglark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singinglark Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 9

Sadsmile - I was thinking the same thing with the ornaments - maybe some real ones on top and then some gumpaste/fondant ones on the tiers...unless I can find ornaments small enough to fit on the tiers...

Thanks for the tips! I am planning the entire room around the cake so want to get the design down so I can get everything else in motion!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 9

You could make them out of chocolate ball halves using a half circle mold. Even half of an ornament sticking on the side of the cake would look fantastic. Don't forget about the tiny details and the ribbons on those ornaments, using various lusters for shine and shimmer and sparkle. And a glass cake stand of some kind would really pull your inspiration to life. I can't wait to see it! Now look- you've got me all excited... icon_lol.gif

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 9

Beautiful!! I love it! The black, white and red is lush! I think that i would go with sadsmile on the changing the roses to ornaments. I'ld have them matching the centerpieces!! Cant wait to see it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%