How Do I Get This Color?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 12:44pm by msulli10

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 3:03am
post #1 of 4

I am making a house cake and am looking for suggestions as to how to achieve this brick color (attached photo). I am using MMF, but not sure if I should marble it? Or is there's a sponging technique ? Or if I should paint it (with what materials?) I have no idea and would appreciate any suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Thanks!
LL

3 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:32am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesrock

I am making a house cake and am looking for suggestions as to how to achieve this brick color (attached photo). I am using MMF, but not sure if I should marble it? Or is there's a sponging technique ? Or if I should paint it (with what materials?) I have no idea and would appreciate any suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

Terracotta paste gel. You might need to play with it a bit to get he shade you want.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 4

Someone had mentioned terracotta, but I had a hard time finding the color in my city. I finally tracked it down. And now that I know about brick mats, I'm good to go! Should be a wonderful cake...

Thanks! This is a fabulous website - I am so glad I finally came upon it!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 4

I think the Wilton site has a color chart for mixing colors just in case you can't find Terracota anywhere.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%