How Can I Do This Without Wasting Cake?

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 2:19pm by Williamus

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 8

Hey all! I Want to do a display using cupcakes and demonstrating what wedding, baby, & other special occassion cupcakes look like for my store, but the problem is there are not cupcake dummies and I don't want to bake up a whole lot of cupcakes to rot in a window or on display. How can I do this without wasting? Or can I do it all? Any suggestions?

7 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 8

You might have to get creative and make your own dummies. I would get some Styrofoam in the width of your cupcake linners from Micheal's and cut it to the height that you needed. Then I would gently sand down the sides to fit into the cupcake liners. Spray with adhesive then put into the cupcake liner. If you wanted to make it look like a specific cake, chocolate, vanilla etc. you could paint the Styrofoam before putting it into the liners. Then just decorate like normal. HTH!

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 8
Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 8

Or you could make the craft dough and bake cupcakes as normal. If interested in the recipe let me know.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks guys!

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 8

Well my link was not allowed icon_sad.gif
Just google for cupcake dummy and you'll find it

Williamus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Williamus Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:19pm
post #8 of 8

I would fill the cup cake cups with some plaster of paris. Mix it up to the consistency of sour cream, put the liners in the cup cake pan, and spoon the plaster into the cups.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%