Gold And Ivory

Decorating By prayful Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 1:54pm by prayful

prayful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prayful Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 4

How can I achieve a gold color with airbrush. I have americolor metallic and shimmer set. I will airbrush gumpaste flowers?

and also. I will make my own ivory fondant, can I airbrush it with a pearl sheen americolor to get a shiny/metallic effect on cakes? Or, how can I mix this metallic and shimmer colors to get an ivory?

Please help..thank you

3 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 8:14am
post #2 of 4

icon_sad.gif I don't own an airbrush so i don't know - just thought i would *bump* this up for you

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 11:37am
post #3 of 4

The Americolor Gold Sheen and Pearl Sheen will be your best bets. They are very easy to use - just spray several light coats to get the coverage you want and be sure to shake the bottles well each time you add to the pigment cup. I love those Americolor sheens! I have colored gumpaste and fondant with great success. Pearl will, of course, be the luminescent ivory look of pearls rather than a metallic shine - very soft and lustrous.

prayful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prayful Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you ibmoser. I didnt get any response while I was decorating my cake so I had to experiment. And I did just what you said but I only sprayed 2 coatings . I also mixed gold and bronze, then gold and pearl sheen. I was happy with the result though they're lighter than what I really wanted.

I also wanted to get a gold fondant so mixed brown and yellow, i think it was a success.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%