Making Cappucino Frosting Darker

Baking By Mrs_Burns Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm by Mrs_Burns

Mrs_Burns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_Burns Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 6:18am
post #1 of 5

i am going to make wiltons (from their website) cappucino frosting for some cupcakes. The cupcakes are going to have red roses on them and i want the frosting to be a deep chocolate brown to contrast with the red, but the original frosting color is tanish. Does anybody know how to make the frosting darker without really straying from the taste?? Suggestions will be much appreciated!!! Thank You!!!

4 replies
mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 6:26am
post #2 of 5

Did you trying adding brown coloring to it?

Mrs_Burns Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

no i havent tried adding food color yet, im a little hesitant because in the past when i have tried adding brown food coloring it turns the frosting this gross brownish tan color and it looks gritty almost. It seems i can never get the dark brown im looking for. hmp im stumbed

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 5

Americolor makes different variations of brown, maybe you could try a different shade, I think they make a chocolate brown.

Mrs_Burns Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 5

that is so good to know, i just got into using americolor (and love them, they work so much better than the wilton colors) and unfortuantly i only have red and black and no one sells americolor around where i live, i need the icing for this saturday so i dont have time to order some more colors icon_cry.gif so sad!!! But i am so excited to try the different color browns, cant wait to order them and give them a try!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%