Spherical Cake

Decorating By wardshar Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 6:22pm by OMGitsaLisa

wardshar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wardshar Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

Help. I've just bought a 6" spherical mould/cake tin. I'm planning on making a football cake. From what I've read I'm best cooking the halves seperately so that there are no gaps and then I can just trim. Is this ok???? Do I line the cake tin with greaseproof paper (we use this in the UK). If not then how do I line he pans??? Please help ASAP Thanks soooo much xx

2 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardshar

Help. I've just bought a 6" spherical mould/cake tin. I'm planning on making a football cake. From what I've read I'm best cooking the halves seperately so that there are no gaps and then I can just trim. Is this ok???? Do I line the cake tin with greaseproof paper (we use this in the UK). If not then how do I line he pans??? Please help ASAP Thanks soooo much xx

It would be difficult to line a pan that shape with paper. I would either generously coat the inside with solid vegetable fat [we call it shortening] followed by a dusting of flour, or, if you have it available, spray the pan with a coat of non-stick pan release spray.

You can also mix up a nice pan coating using equal parts of solid white vegetable fat, vegetable oil and flour, mixing it all into a paste and brusing a coating inside your pan with a pastry brush. This mixture will keep for month if tightly covered.

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 3

When I made my spherical cake, I just sprayed it with non-stick spray that contained flour and made sure there weren't any areas left uncovered. It worked just fine for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%