Help Little Roses

Decorating By luvbugcreations Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 1:41am by luvmysmoother

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 10

Hi
I am making the bride and groom wedding cookies and need to make some miniture flowers preferebly roses I need some help have watched how to make ribbon roses and just can't get them to be right please help need to 300 by the september 18. order needs to be complete for the 20th any ideas would be great. Doing a sample right now to demonstrate for my assistant just how I want them done. She does all the basic's I do all the detail. She does all the baking and rolling. I am now teaching her how to do everything slowly. I can make buttercream and royal roses and all flowers, but my gumspaste ones dont come out well. unless they are just cut using a cutter of course lol.

Thanks any help appreciated.
Kerri

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 10

What about tiny Duff-style roses? They're easy and they look cute small too.

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 10

texas you always come to my rescue I have been trying to make those all last night and today they don't look right to me I will take some pictures in a bit. I have also used various size cirlce cutters and even tried to thin out with my smallest ball tool. no avail. going to try the ribbon ones maybe if I use a tooth pick to roll them just a thought.

Thanks Kerri

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 10

What are "Duff Style Roses?" Do you have a photo?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGiGi

What are "Duff Style Roses?" Do you have a photo?

There are different tutorials you can find on how to do them. Basically, cut three circles, line them up with edges overlapping, roll them up and then cut in half and you'll have two little roses. They're more of a suggestion of a rose than a realistic rose.

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 10

I thought it would be something like that. Thank you so much! icon_lol.gif

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 10

Can anyone post the link for how to make a Duff rose??? I am having a hard time finding it - except for one pictorial part 4...and couldn't find the first three parts. Someone mentioned that there are tutorials but I can't find it!!! So frustrating, but I really want to know how to make this rose as I make a lot of fondant roses that are way too time-consuming!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 10

Here is a tutorial for ribbon roses: http://www.rolledfondant.com/how.htm

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 10

Does this help?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1149096

What I like about this style is you get two mini roses out of each roll-up.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:41am
post #10 of 10

Definitely Duff style roses are the best way to go for 300 roses - you might want to use the fat end of an icing tip as your "cutter" to make the circles as small as possible. I made this tiny mini-rose using the tiniest 5 petal rose cutter I have - much more time consuming to do it this way thoughicon_sad.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%