Doing My First Vendor Booth At Craft Show...advice Needed!

Business By Sweetriley Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 4:18pm by jillmakescakes

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 2

I will be doing my first booth at an arts and crafts show in my area and would love some input from anyone who has done this. I really have no idea how much product to have on hand or what types of things would go over well. I talked to the event manager and all she could tell me is that the event is 32 years old and they are expecting "thousands". Are there any fun things I can do? So far I am the only baker. The event is September 19 & 20th Thanks for your help! I am SO excited to do this!!

1 reply
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 2

First and foremost, have you reviewed all the HD regulations regarding having any samples? If not, do that first! Check to see what kind of license you may or may not need. Make sure you have all of your legal ducks in a row.

Once that part is done, update your portfolio. Spend some time edited, cropping, brightening your photos. Put them in a nice album or scrapbook.

Make a flyer with a rundown of the services you offer, flavors, pricing (if you're so inclined) and anything that sets you apart from other cakers.

Plan the layout of your space on paper first. Set up can be a b**ch if you aren't sure where everything is going.

Check to see who your "neighbor" will be. Maybe you can decorate a cake to coordinate with something they will display. This can just show off your skills as well as promote vendor referrals.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%