Need Recipe For A Sugar Free Chocolate Cake

Baking By nicki9774 Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 3:32am by JGMB

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have a recipe for a sugar free chocolate cake? I need to make a pink motorcycle cake for Friday morning and need a little help with a good sugar free chocolate cake?

6 replies
nicki9774 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone have a recipe at all for sugar free cake and I could just use unsweetened cocoa powder? Or has anyone used splenda in a cake and it went well?

nicki9774 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 7

Anyone have a recipe at all for sugar free cake and I could just use unsweetened cocoa powder? Or has anyone used splenda in a cake and it went well?

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:53am
post #5 of 7

Just want to make a note, that if this is for diabetic, it is not going to be really sugar free as in wow this wont raise your glucose, it will.....the carbs will do it...fyi

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:18am
post #6 of 7

Any cake mixture is loaded with carbs. It wouldn't be cake without the carbs. Sugar is pure carbohydrate. You should be looking for a low carb cake. The only way can keep a blood sugar down or keep a hypoglycemic from bottoming out is for the person to make sure they eat a meal with plenty of protein and fiber (as in vegies). That will help balance the carbs so it won't be as bad of a blood sugar spike. You can look for cakes with pureed fruit/carrots, etc to add fiber and sweetness. I'm sure there are plenty of cc'ers that can help with that.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 3:32am
post #7 of 7

Nikki, I've used this one and it's delicious:

http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=106806

For a frosting, there's a CC recipe called Sugar-Free Whipped Cream Frosting. You just whisk together 1 cup milk and 1 small box sugar-free instant pudding of any flavor. Then, with an electric mixer, beat in1 pint heavy cream until stiff peaks form. It makes about 4 cups.

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%