How Long Cookies Stay Fresh

Baking By mommydearest1965 Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 3:43pm by bonniebakes

mommydearest1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommydearest1965 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:26am
post #1 of 8

How long will cookies decorated with RI and bagged for wedding favors stay fresh?

7 replies
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 8

They should remain fresh for 5-7 days if properly sealed in an airtight container or cookie bag. After that they can still be eaten but will be a little harder and possibly have a staled flavor. hth

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 8

I like mine to be eaten by the 5th day - but I do agree with Mmoseley that they can last longer (but be a stale).

mommydearest1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommydearest1965 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the response!

cakefort Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefort Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 8

Is this true for cookies without RI? 5-7 days?

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:44am
post #6 of 8

I was wondering this too. What about cookies covered with fondant?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 8

my general rule of thimb is that I like the cookies to be eaten within 5-7 days.... however, most people that I give them to taste no difference between the "fresher" (less than 7 days) cookies and cookeis that are up to 2 weeks old or have been frozen.

Not to say that I encourage people to eat them that much later - I don't! But I have done taste tests with willing participants and the only thing anyone has ever said (and it was only with my specific prompting) is that the frozen cookies are slightly crispier. And despite my "nudging" to eat the cookies within a week, people often tell me that they have continued eating the cookies for up to 3 weeks after I've made them!

Personally, I notice a difference cookie past 7 days or frozen, even well wrapped in airtight containers, but I'm very sensitive to flavors and smells....

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 8

I probably should have mentioned that I never let my cookies sit out uncovered or without some kind of container other than when they are cooling (right after coming out of the oven) or when I'm working on that particular cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%