Cake Ideas For An Unconventional 9 Year Old Girl?!

Decorating By abra526 Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 11:49pm by abra526

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

A friend of mine has a daughter who will be turning 9 in a few months, and she saw some of my cakes, and really wants me to make her bday cake. So I start asking her about what she likes. Hannah M? NO, Barbir? NO. Spongebob? NO. She hates all cartoons, and anything disney or nickelodeon. So finally she tells me she wants something purple with white lillies on it. It seems so...so...not little girlish! Any ideas to incorporate her wishes but still make it look like it's for a 9 year old?

4 replies
jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 5

hmmm... maybe make the cake purple with the lillies here and there and some butterflies and... wow hard thing to do huh.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 5

Sounds like a typical 9 year old to me. Not wanting to be seen with the "baby/kiddy" cartoons and be seen as a sophisticated young lady.

A tiered cake (perhaps topsy turvy?) with lilies or other assorted flowers in various shades of purple & white, a number at the top with her name in stand up letters.

I saved this cake to my files without a name, but something like this might work. (Hope this image works!)
LL

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 5

but flowers & purple obviously! I was kinda going for the feel of the cake.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas! I definately like the idea of making the cake whimsilcal! It really takes the "old lady" factor out of what I had in my head!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%