Zebra Print

Decorating By amanda_16_2003 Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 9:46pm by FullHouse

amanda_16_2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amanda_16_2003 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 7

Help! First time to try fondant and I would like to make Zebra print what is the best way to get this effect? It doesn't look to hard, but just thinking about it scares me to death that I will mess it up.. icon_surprised.gif

6 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 7

Find a zebra print, then print it out with cardstock. cut out the black or white stripes then lay it out and either airbrush or hand paint it.

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 7

I've got two in my photo. The big one all I did was roll out black fondant and just started cutting "squiggly" lines. I think that one turned out better than the little one. The little one I think I tried too hard on. I made them a little more curvy than they should be and they were spaced out to far. If you have any type of zebra pattern in your home just glance at it a couple of times while cutting the fondant. Just go at it. If you concentrate too hard it might not come out as good....icon_lol.gif

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 7

Yes to what Starcitycakes said...just make random cuts and don't put them on your cake in too much order. You will do just fine!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 7

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmnDZ1eRJeg&feature=related video on it.

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 7

I also have a Zebra print that may help in my photo's. I just smooth some black fondant kinda on the thin side. Not as thin as you would for roses or that you can see through it. I then cut out squiqly pieces w/ a pizza cutter. Place them on the cake. I did not wet the fondant just placed them on the BC. You will do fine - there is no way to mess it up. I thought so to when I did my first one but as you get started and see it starting to come together you will see it. Have fun w/ it! icon_smile.gif
LL

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 7

I covered a cake board with zebra print fondant (in my photos). I just used white fondant and then painted with Americolor black thined a bit with vodka, was much easier than I thought it would be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%