Cookie Help Please.....

Baking By sugarlicious Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 12:19pm by linedancer

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 2:02am
post #1 of 4

I am going to start tonight making heart-shaped sugar cookies for wedding (220) was wondering, if I bake my heart-shape cookies and while still hot put heart-shape fondant cutouts on top of each cookie, will I be able to freeze the cookies with the fondant on top? I have never frozen fondant before and don't know how the cookies will be when unthawed. The wedding is in 2 weeks was going to unthaw cookies a couple days before and stamp thank you and bride and grooms initials on and date with black food coloring. Any advice on fondant would be greatly appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't frozen it either but the word out there is that "yes, you can".
Linedancer - Are you out there someplace?

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 4

Should be fine but I would let the cookies cool before placing the fondant. icon_smile.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 4

Hey, toleshed, how are you doing with your job? Been busy, sorry I haven't gotten back to you.

Yes, you can freeze cookies with fondant, I do it all the time. I would take mmoseley's suggestion and bake the cookies, then cut and place the fondant when they are cool. It will give you more time to work with them. I use thinned karo to adhere the fondant to the cookie.

If you are doing any impressions on them, you have to do them before the fondant dries.

I very rarely stamp fondant with food coloring, I think you need to use airbrush color, in other threads I have read, you can use it right out of the bottle. I have not done this personally. You would want do that after they are thawed, to lessen the chance of bleeding.

Here are some wedding cookies I did this summer, HTH:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%