Need To Fill A Cake With Raspberry Filling--1St Time!

Decorating By bfranzen Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 8:37pm by msulli10

bfranzen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfranzen Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 3

I've only filled cakes with buttercream and just had a request today for raspberry filling. So, I have a sleeve of raspberry filling that I just bought to make fruit buns--is that what I should use to fill the cake? What is the best way to fill the cake? Should I make an icing dam around the outside first?

Thanks for any tips!

2 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 3

> yes, you can use that to fill the cake -- repeat fill the cake!!! (i found it so good, I just wanted to squirt directly into mouth and forget about the cake! icon_rolleyes.gif )

> yes, definitely make and icing dam out of a good stiff icing, placing that dam about a 1/2 inch in from the edge of cake. put in the filling and then put on the top layer and allow to settle (aka, let gravity have its way with it) so less risk of blow out. I usually make my dam about 1/2 inch high and only put in filling about 1/4 inch thick to allow for the settling and have less chance of blow out.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 3

I always use the sleeve filling and the raspberry is so good. Definitely make a damn with stiff buttercream. Once I put the top layer on top, I gently press down - this helps speed up the whole gravity thing icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%