When Did You Begin Cake Maternity Leave

Decorating By FullHouse Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm by kelleym

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 4

How far along were you when you stopped working on cakes? I am 35 weeks and working on a book cake for my son today, kneading color into fondant is killing me. I have another cake to do for next weekend (36 weeks along) which will be buttercream w/fondant accents - I am dreading it. Wondering if it's me or if many of you needed to stop at this point.

3 replies
Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 4

It's not just you. I had to stop very early on in my third pregnancy, I could not tolerate buttercream. And the exhaustion I was feeling, man, there was just no way. If you're feeling yucky, stop until after the baby comes and you're feeling more like yourself. It's just cake, you & baby are WAY more important!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 4

I think it's just really up to you - if you want to stop and don't have anymore orders - then stop! You'll be back in no time.

Plus you never know when your baby is going to get here. Your baby could come early or late. So maybe it's best to just take a break to be safe.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 4

Honestly? The day I found out I was pregnant. I had suffered so much in the past from morning sickness that I didn't want to risk taking an order and then being too sick to fulfill it. Just listen to your body.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%