My Nasty Blk Fondant Turned On Me & Is Now Good? Wierd

Decorating By amberkw Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 7:23pm by rainbow_kisses

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:37am
post #1 of 5

OK. I know this sounds really wierd. Yes I am a newbie, but this is for real. I made my mom a Betty Boop birthday cake 2 weeks ago (pic is posted - I'm so proud of it cause she adored it!). I didn't have wilton no taste red and for my black, I used the whole jar. (I have since smartened up thanks to the choco fondant advice, and Americolor.) It was bitter as quinine. However you spell it. I even told everyone to chuck the little red & black balls because they were disgusting. Well, I hate to toss anything, so I kept what was left that I didn't use, thinking I could use it for little details. I got it out tonight and dreaded it but thought I better taste it again before I put it on anyones cake. THERE WAS NO BITTER NOTHIN! What happened? Is there an explanation for this or did the fondant fairy visit my 2nd refridgerator, cause she felt sorry for me having to make another batch w/ my carpal tunnel bothering me?

4 replies
amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:48am
post #2 of 5

Wait - I graduated to Junior Member? I earned a silver star - Wahooo!

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:48am
post #3 of 5

I don't have an answer for your question, but when you next see the fondant fairy PLEASE send her to my house?!?!?

I'm having fondant issues like never before! RRRRRR!

P.S. - Congrats on earning your silver! icon_biggrin.gif

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:37am
post #4 of 5

Hi Amber. I too am a newbie. ...Congrats on your Jr. status! lol Gotta say I love the colors on your Betty Boop cake! Great job! thumbs_up.gif

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 5

did you let your fondant rest between colouring and using?
it is best to leave it 24 hours in an airtight sealed plastic wrap so that the colour can mature and develop and so that the harsh flavour can rest.

your cake is fab icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%