Ribbons Around Wrappers

Baking By mommicakes Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 5:29pm by mommicakes

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 9

Okay all my cupcake gurus out there, what is the best way to keep a thin (1/4") ribbon tied neatly around your cupcake wrapper without it slipping off or being a pain in the tookus when unwrapping cupcake to eat it???? Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I need to do 200 for this weekend, and want the best way possible. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks
donna

8 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 9

I think I would take a dot of corn syrup, using a toothpick or maybe a parchment bag with a tiny hole in the tip, and dot it right behind the knot for the bow. That should stick it to the wrapper to keep it from sliding down, but make it easy enough to get off with a light tug when you're ready to derobe the lucious goodness within.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 2:00am
post #3 of 9

Saw this the other day, posted by kimsmom. I think it is real cute and might solve your problem. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1343861

mommicakes Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much linedancer. That nut cup is a really cool idea. I may have to use that at a different time. right now, I will go with the corn syrup only because she really wants the silver foil wrap around them. I guess today I experiment, and cut all the ribbon. icon_rolleyes.gif

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 9

Mommicakes,

Please let us know how the corn syrup works out. I've been wondering about how to keep ribbons on cupcake liners myself.

Alicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alicakes Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 9

Use double sided tape.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 9

Is Corn Syrup really going to hold to foil wrap?

Quote:
Quote:

I will go with the corn syrup only because she really wants the silver foil wrap around them. I guess today I experiment, and cut all the ribbon.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:25pm
post #8 of 9

The OP didn't state foil, I doubt corn syrup would work on it though. Might work on a paper one.
I'd try Alicakes' idea of double sided tape or a loop of Scotch Tape like a Christmas package bow.

mommicakes Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 9

Okay, here is the scoop. I actually just returned from the cupcake wedding set up. The corn syrup didn't work. Since I cooked the cupcakes in a paper liner that was inside the foil one. I had to use the hot glue gun and run a line of glue all the way around the stupid foil. The ribbon didn't want to stay because of the slight cone shaping of the cupcake. So needless to say, this took me a whole lot longer than anticipated, icon_mad.gif . I had to have my DD tie bows separately and glue them on after the ribbon was in place, tapedshut.gif this totally sucked.(pardon my language)!! I will post a picture in my photos once I get a chance. There were just about 200 of those bad boys, drive time 3.5hrs total, in the rain but it looked wonderful once it was all said and done. I do hope the bride was happy, I didn't stick around to find out. Had more cakes on the sheet for today.

Thanks for everyones input. have a great day. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%