Does Anyone Know Anything About Icing Sheets?

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 6:04pm by mjay99507

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 6

I went to the bakery to get a picture printed on rice paper. They don't use rice paper, but they do use icing sheets.

So I looked up directions and found out how to use icing sheets. My issue is the lady blew the picture up (when I wanted it to be the same size). So now I need to cut the image down to where it needs to be.

Has anyone done this? Do you know if it will work? Or should I just go back and get a smaller picture?

Thanks!

5 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 6

if an icing sheet is the same as a frosting sheet, then yes I have cut them before. just be careful when you do it. hth icon_smile.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 6

i've used an exacto knife to cut out portions of a picture done on an icing sheet, then adhered it to gumpaste with water.

i would have asked her to redo it as it was requested.

HTH

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 6

I just cut them with scissors and have no problem. If it were me I would have also asked her to re-do the photo.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 6

i've used icing sheets practically every week. you can cut them with a scissors. it makes it easier when they still have the backing on them. icon_wink.gif

mjay99507 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjay99507 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 6

(Frosting sheets for a little cheaper) http://www.walkers-online-sales.com Fast & reliable service.

Mjay99507

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%