Where Do You Find Images To Print?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 1:46am by glendaleAZ

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 9

I want to print off some edible images like playing cards etc..Where do I look on the web to get the images or do I need special programs? Sometimes I have such a problem finding ones that are resized properly cause when you print them they are distorted.I don't want to waste ink testing over and over.

Any tips from seasoned edible image people!

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gif

8 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 9

I can always find images using Google images.... http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi just put in what your looking for.... like playing cards... and you will get a lot of images.

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 9

I always do a search for coloring pages, graphics, or any free printables. hth

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 9

Okay great but when you print some off most of the time the pixels are too small and the picture isn't clear.Is there a certain amount of pixels that I should look for to get a good image?

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 9

I scan an original and then print

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 9

I try to keep searching for the biggest and best pic that I can find. icon_lol.gif then, I save it and open it up with the kopykake decorator and make it bigger or smaller with that program. they have always turned out good thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee2007

I try to keep searching for the biggest and best pic that I can find. icon_lol.gif then, I save it and open it up with the kopykake decorator and make it bigger or smaller with that program. they have always turned out good thumbs_up.gif

That's a great tip! I'm always struggling with trying to make pics bigger or smaller via MSPaint, but even with highest resolution, I often end up with pixels instead of clean lines.

Thanks!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 10:19pm
post #8 of 9

i type in yahoo, google, or other search engines what i want and add the words coloring pages to it. example: bird coloring pages. here's the first thing that popped up.

http://www.coloring.ws/birds.htm

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #9 of 9

WOW That's so cool.

I always have trouble finding images (web challanged), so thanks for the tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%