It Seems Simple Enough...

Decorating By cakemeasIam Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 11:41pm by cakemeasIam

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 8

but i have a request for a 8 year olds cake... mentioned that she loves fashion and girlie girl things. i was thinking of doing a handbag cake...but my fear is that it will be too old (mature for her) .
any tips and or ideas...??
thanks in advance! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 8

you could always do a younger girlie bag for her with brighter colours and patterns or just a very soft coloured pretty one without all those big gold chunky buckles and all that you can sometimes find on adult hangbags

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 8

I work in a restaurant, and you would be surprised to see how many little girls ( as young as 3) show up with their hand bags. They are always so proud to show off what they have inside too! I think she would love one, most of the bags are bright pink and have some "girly" glitz on them.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbcake

I work in a restaurant, and you would be surprised to see how many little girls ( as young as 3) show up with their hand bags. They are always so proud to show off what they have inside too! I think she would love one, most of the bags are bright pink and have some "girly" glitz on them.

Yep! I have a niece who is somewhere between 2 and 3. She'll carry anything that looks like a purse ... even a plastic walmart bag!! icon_lol.gif She also loves bead necklaces ... like those Mardi Gras type. She doesn't like to go anywhere without her necklace and purse!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:06am
post #5 of 8

I like this cake made by gakali. It doesn't look too adult.

Maybe you could add a popular children's character (like Hello Kitty) as the clasp on the purse.

prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:24am
post #6 of 8

hot sellers right now are zebra stripes with hot pink, lime green, or lavender accents.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #7 of 8

I think that's a good choice, especially with the lipstick too!

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 8

thanks for all the ideas...i don't usually take this long to to reply! soooo rude! icon_smile.gif but i appreciate all your expert advice. love the pic too!
i just went with your advice and did a bright pink handbag with some flower details.
thanks again!
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%