Red Sox And Country Music

Decorating By LittleLinda Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm by LittleLinda

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 6

I have a cake order for a couple sharing a birth-month. They are in their late 30s. Their mutual iterests are going to Boston Red Sox games and going to country music concerts. I asked if they had a favorite country band; but the mother said no. So, I'd like to combine these interests into the cake. Any ideas?
Oh, if you know of any lyrics from a country song that might involve going to a baseball game or something, it might be fun to add those lyrics to the cake.

5 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe you could design a cake with a little girl and little boy playing baseball together. The little boy could be on the pitcher's mound and wear the clothes of a country music star (including cowboy hat) as he pitches the ball to the little girl. However, she would be dressed in full baseball attire, but holding a guitar instead of a bat. I think that would be a fun, cute way to meld the two interests.

As far as music, you could check out "Life's Just a Ball Game" by Womack and Womack or Kenney Chesney's "She's from Boston."

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:05am
post #3 of 6

Alabama has a song called "Cheap Seats". It's on the Major League 3 soundtrack. Amazon has a sample if you want to listen to it.

LittleLinda Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 6

It was just a small cake, I ended up doing a cowboy hat and a baseball cap and writing "We're a little bit contry, We're a little bit Red Sox fans."
Thanks for your suggestions.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:15am
post #5 of 6

I love your slogan! Very cute and very catchy!

LittleLinda Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks letsgetcaking, I was wondering if it was corny and knew they were old enough to know the song.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%