Need Help! Need A Fix To Get Creases & Fold Out Of Fond

Decorating By not_a_desperate_housewife Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 4:19am by not_a_desperate_housewife

not_a_desperate_housewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_a_desperate_housewife Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:52am
post #1 of 3

I realize this is late, but I'm wondering if anyone has any quick fixes for getting creases out of fondant. Btw, it's already on the cake! icon_sad.gif I rolled it out on a vinyl mat and then flipped it. Never thought about potential creases. Also, I have minor folding on one side. A ribbon is going over it. However, I'm up for any suggestions on how to remedy that as well.

Thanks soooooooooooo much!

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:08am
post #2 of 3

If you have a smoother, use it. If not, rub it gently with your hands. I usually smooth my fondant with my hand after I've rolled it out and before it goes on the cake, but it can be done on the cake if you're gentle. Next time, flip the fondant on the mat and check the underside before you put it on the cake icon_biggrin.gif I usually fold it halfway over a rolling pin and just pick it up because the underside is never as perfect as the top.

About the folding, see if you can work the fondant down enough that the fold is under where the ribbon is going.

not_a_desperate_housewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_a_desperate_housewife Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:19am
post #3 of 3

Thanks, TRose! I tried doing a little "plastic surgery" and for the most part, I got the most offensive crease out. It is white fondant, so I used a little "spackle" (powdered sugar) here and a little there. And some gentle rubbing. I still need to put decorations on it, but I'll save that for tomorrow. One heart attack is enough. Do you recommend I put the cake in the fridge or no?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%