Really Stupid Question About Sugarpaste Colouring

Decorating By kellyanne1981 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm by backermeister

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hi hoping someone can help me quickly with this,
I have been asked to make a cake with a sugarpaste greyhound on it, and i have just been messing about to see if could mould it and i think i have cracked it!!
problem is i am worried i cant do it again and would like to add colour to the currently white undetailed sugarpaste model!
i only have paste and liquid food colouring, can i paint it straight onto the model or will i have to try and copy what i have done with pre coloured sp?

also if i do colour it now do i need to allow it to dry out first or do it whilst its still tacky

thanks in advance!

a true beginner!!! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 4

You can paint with either but you probably get more of a watercolor look with the liquid and it might breakdown your sp due to all the liquid. Probably paste or if you have an airbrush would be the better choice. icon_smile.gif

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 4

thank you so much for your quick reply, i will use the paste, im still too much of a newbie to own an airbrush icon_smile.gif
should i do it now whilst its still tacky? or does it not matter
thanks again!!

xx

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 4

You might want it to dry slightly so that it doesn't become too mushy with the added paint. Hope it turns out well. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%