Anyone Have Modeling Chocolate Recipe & What Choc Do U U

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 1:50pm by vicki3336

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 7

I am humbly looking for a Modeling Chocolate recipe that you dont have to "milk" and that uses real chocolate not the regular craft store kind (ex. wilton, and make n' mold). Please let me know what brand chocolate you like to use for white and "brown (ex semi, dark, bittersweet)". The recipe needs to lend itself to being rolled out thin without disintegrating. Thanks ever so much.

6 replies
wrightway777 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:36am
post #2 of 7

Ok...no replies...so is it just as simple as using the best ingredients? Maybe I'm just over complicating it. *Bump*

Tiababe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiababe Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 11:53am
post #3 of 7

Toba Garrett has a recipe for modeling chocolates. For Dark Chocolate she uses one pound semisweet or bittersweet dark chocolate with 2/3 light corn syrup. For White or Milk Chocolate use 1 pound of white or milk chocolate with 1/2 cup light corn syrup. I have used Hershey and Ghiraldi (sp?) chips and have had no problems. HTH.

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 7

I found this recipe in the member recipes on epicurious.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/MODELING-CHOCOLATE-1230009

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to in the next couple of days.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 7

I used the same recipes posted on here and used baker's chocolate in milk chocolate and white chocolate.

wrightway777 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiababe

Toba Garrett has a recipe for modeling chocolates. For Dark Chocolate she uses one pound semisweet or bittersweet dark chocolate with 2/3 light corn syrup. For White or Milk Chocolate use 1 pound of white or milk chocolate with 1/2 cup light corn syrup. I have used Hershey and Ghiraldi (sp?) chips and have had no problems. HTH.

I should kick myself - I have the book, "The Well Decorated Cake." There it is on page 141-142. Did you see the trick about pouring the white chocolate on newsprint to soak up excess fat? Genius! This is just what I need thanks!

vicki3336 - the link just goes to their home page but I must say their Chocolate Panna Cotta Layer Cake looks divine!

diamondson- I actually have some bakers lying around-thanks.

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 7

Dang....I was so excited I actually got a link to attach...figures it was the wrong one. I even went to the page and did a cut and paste on the link so I wouldn't screw it up. icon_cry.gif Note to self: TRY the link before posting. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%