Buddy Vs Bridezilla

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm by woodruffbn

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 10

What did everyone think about what Bridezilla said and did with Buddy's beautiful swag/calla lily cake???

I was absolutely mortified! At first, I laughed at Buddy's expression when she said the cake was ugly..but then when she destroyed the cake the expression on his face was just heartwrenching. He looked so crushed, and I thought he remained really composed considering the circumstances.

I thought she was a real tapedshut.gif when she wouldn't even come out and acknowledge the new cake that Buddy wheeled into the hotel room.

God help her husband. Sheesh.

9 replies
CanaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanaMama Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 10

My heart broke when I watched her destroy that gorgeous cake. I give Buddy kudos for making another one! I do not think I would be able to. Than when she is to stuck on herself to even thank him after he and his team worked their butts off to make her a brand new cake! ARGHH

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 10

Is it just me or does that show seem really staged? It seems like they have a lot of drama always going on.... icon_confused.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 10

Of course it's staged, it's TV. However, there is always lots of drama in Italian families, and they can be very loud.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 10

I think it is staged but there are people like that in this world. Good thing Im not with a groomzillo.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 10

It was terrible! Like who would really do that?

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 10

I was amazed that someone would really act like that!! She saw the drawing at the consultation and was fine with it. I am sure there was some staging, but honestly, I would have slapped her silly!! When she wouldn't even get up and acknowledge the second cake, OMG, unbelievable. I think there were some parenting issues, she obviously was a spoiled little brat. On another note, I am always amazed how they slap those cakes around and don't use dams on most and the cakes are flawless, no bulges, what's the secret?

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:02pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruffbn

Is it just me or does that show seem really staged? It seems like they have a lot of drama always going on.... icon_confused.gif

I've only watched snippets of that show. It annoys me too much - they are always playing to the camera.

I have to say though, some of their cakes are STUNNING - and I'm not talking about the ones they feature in the show - I'm not keen on Buddy's 'challenge-type' cakes, but some of the ones being worked on in the background are just gorgeous. Why can't we see those being made?!

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:15pm
post #9 of 10

I agree with Tubbscookies, his cakes are beautiful but the last show I watched grossed me out terribly. The fire spitting cake when the entertainer spits all the alcohol onto the cake! You actually see all the liquid being spit all over the cake in order to produce the fire out of the head. Ughhhhh is all I could say. Why would they put that on television!

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 10

I agree completely with Tubbscookies. I just want to see their awesome cakes... Not all that sillyness! And yes he does amazing work. The cakes on his website are astonishing!

And Mariu-- I watched the fire cake episode too. And I thought the exact same thing... I would NOT want someones slobber and alcohol all over my cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%