Not Sure What To Make

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 2:17am by Doug

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 2

Every fall our small town has a "Country Fair". It is coming up in September and this year we are having a "Taste of Higginsville" where those of us who have food based businesses have a table to showcase our goods and give out samples. People buy tickets and walk through taking samples from each vendor. I have to be able to serve 250.

I cannot decide what to make. I know cupcakes are a better option for walking around with but decorating 250 cuppies is alot. If I do a cake then it is not as travel friendly but much faster and easier to decorate. We try to include the fair theme in what we do each year. This year the theme is "Welcome home to the simple life" I just cannot decide what to make and thought I would see if any of you had any thoughts.

1 reply
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 2

cookie pops?

cake ball pops?

sheet cake cut and filled then sliced into 1 or 2 bite size portion, dropped in a 2oz side serving cup (with or with out lid) and one of those cocktail forks for the eating (at 1 to 2 bites, that will do)? biz card stuck to bottom or cap

same concept as above but on smallest size cocktail napkins which could be imprinted with business name?

mini-cupcakes instead of full size? -- one shot of star tip and the cuppie is covered

---
of course as simple as it comes -- big ol slab of sheet cake, icing slathered on top (no fancy anything)

cut out a hunk and serve on paper towels.

for added effect dress like Daisy Mae in Lil' Abner or Daisy Duke from Dukes of Hazzard --- unless you prefer the Minnie Pearl or Grandma Yokum look! (bibbers for the hubby)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%