Mayonnaise Cake, Peanut Butter Frosting And Red Velvet Cake

Baking By fruitsnack Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 3:40am by Cindy619

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:05am
post #1 of 2

I have two cakes planned coming up. For one they want a "mayonnaise" cake with peanut butter frosting. The other one they want is red velvet.

Has anyone heard of this mayonnaise cake before? Sounds gross to me, but it's what they want. Anyone have a tried and true recipe for it?

What about peanut butter frosting? I will probably be using it to fill and frost, as the outside is going to be brown anyway.

Also, what's the best red velvet recipe that you've used? I know there's a million out there . . . anyone have a tried and true rv recipe?

1 reply
Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 3:40am
post #2 of 2

I recently made the peanut butter icing recipe from Wilton's website (http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Peanut-Butter-Buttercream-Icing)and it is delicious! I used water instead of milk so it wouldn't spoil in the heat.

I also made the Red Velvet WASC recipe from cake central's recipes for a wedding cake this past weekend and it was amazing! I have made RV from scratch in the past, but using the WASC recipe was much easier and had great results. I added cinnamon and a little extra cocoa powder to the recipe, and everyone raved over it.

Also, I've heard of a lot of people using mayo in cake recipes to add moisture - I personally prefer sour cream...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%