8Yr Olds Birthday Cake

Decorating By d3sc3n7 Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 11:17pm by d3sc3n7

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 5

Here is the cake I just finished for my daughters 8th birthday.

The fondant is MMF, which I made for the first time today.

Now...keep in mind. I'm 100% self taught. No formal schooling what so ever. Just good ol fashioned creativity

SO! That being said...if you have some critiques please let me know

4 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 5

I'm definitely not an expert on fondant. I have only worked with it a few times myself. You did a decent job. You might want to roll the decorations thinner next time. I like your rope border but it probably could have be twisted a little tighter. Over all you did a good job and I'm sure your daughter loved it and that is what counts the most. icon_smile.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 5

Looks great for a first time job! My biggest critique is not cake related icon_smile.gif I would recommend that, when you take pictures of your cake, you clear off your counter tops... All of the clutter in the background definitely takes away from the cake.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 5

Very cute design! Great colors! And your letters look great! The thing is, practice makes perfect. So as you do it more often, you'll get better at it. =o)

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys...the MMF on the top tier gave me real troubles...so it looks like crap. I think I worked that batch to much...and it got pretty loose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%