Do You Actually Want Cake For Your Own Birthday?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 2:41am by diane

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:53am
post #61 of 83

I love store bought cakes! When I was pregnant with my son, my sisters bought me two cakes. One was a marbled cake and the other one was a strawberry and cream. I didn't let anyone have any of it and sat there with a GALLON OF MILK(it was skim--that count's doesn't it) and ate half of each cake. The next morning I polished off the other halves.

I figured I was two weeks overdue and the cake would "help" Andrew come out. Or maybe that's what I kept telling myself as I sat there with chocolate, whipped cream, strawberries and buttercream all over myself. I think I actually cried when there wasn't any cake left.

Let's see if I get a cake on Wednesday.

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 7:08am
post #62 of 83

I loooove cake, but I found a decadent, over-the-top cheesecake recipe the week before my b-day. As far back as I can remember I always had a birthday cake - it was kinda strange having a b-day cheesecake, but it was delicious! icon_lol.gif I posted the pic of the Brownie Bottomed Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake in my pics last night...take a look if you'd like!!

CanaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanaMama Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:05pm
post #63 of 83

I had a DQ ice cream cake for mine. Next year, I am asking for chocolate cheesecake!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:28pm
post #64 of 83

Yes, I love cake! But I'm oh-so-picky & I usually strongly hint or tell my daughter which one she's to tell Daddy I want. I love to hit the local bakeries & cupcakeries and check out their offerings. On FN, I saw Whole Foods carries cupcakes from "We Take the Cake" bakery in FL, so I'm off to try those today!
It's not all fancy bakery cakes though. This year it was the death-by-chocolate looking round at Costco. It was yummy. Sticky, gooey chocolate icing & dark chocolate cake, with chocolate shavings. I could have no more than a sliver at a time; it was SO rich. Last year it was a Coldstone ice cream cake (very disappointing).

mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:35pm
post #65 of 83

I love to make my own birthday cake! It's my chance to make the cake I want!! icon_smile.gif

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:38pm
post #66 of 83

LOL!! Nope, no cake for me either! I would rather have a KA!! lol

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:45pm
post #67 of 83

Yes, I definitely want cake, but I'm really picky. Hubby knows there are only two local bakeries that I like. So, if it cant come from there, I dont want it! LOL!

I'm actually thinking of making my own cake, too. What better time to try out a new recipe or technique? LOL!

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:30am
post #68 of 83

I love cake and will eat it anytime! For my birthday my dh and our boys usually bake me a cake. Last year it was red velvet. (they had to do it twice cos the dog ate the first cake). This year I'm hoping it will be red velvet again icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

queenfa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenfa Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #69 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy4283

LOL!! Nope, no cake for me either! I would rather have a KA!! lol

Ditto here.

madras650 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madras650 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:56am
post #70 of 83

yes I want cake. A really good cake and I dont want to make it. I always get a DQ cake. I HATE DQ cakes. Just once I want someone to out of their way for my birthday. All of my family receive beautiful cakes from me every year. I wish they would return the favor.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 3:03am
post #71 of 83

Absolutely! In fact, the question came up the other day "what is the one thing you could eat every single day" and my answer was CAKE! LOL!

Fortunately my younger daughter is a cake baker too so she always makes my birthday cakes and I know that they will be as yummy on the inside as they are beautiful on the outside!

Cat

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:16am
post #72 of 83

ooooo yes please! For my birthday instead of making my own cake (not saying they are bad or anything lol plus i only started doing cakes just before my birthday this year so we always bought cakes from patisseries before then) i actually really like to buy this great sponge cake that if filled with fresh cream and covered in buttercream from a place called 'Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses' in Australia....it is SOOOOOO yummy!!!!! I have has them a couple of times and it is just soo nice and not too sicking sweet or anything and has a nice chocolate sponge.

I have been trying to find out what sort of buttercream they use on the outside so i can replicate it but i can't figure it out but i am going to try IMBC to see if it might comes close.

I also LOVE ice-cream cake and gelati cakes! Cookies and cream, chocolate and Ferrero Rochere (or how ever you spell it) flavours all in the one cake!....mmmmmmmmmm

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:24am
post #73 of 83

I really like cheesecake for my birthday icon_redface.gif

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:49am
post #74 of 83

Well I am turning the big 21 at the end of the month and I am defiantly making my cake! but I am already stressed because i dont know what design to choose! ....if i didnt make a cake i know that my mom or boyfriend would get me a cake from some where!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:41am
post #75 of 83

Actually I am not that big on cake but I do like it for my birthday. I had wanted to maybe make one for myself and have my husband and daughter decorate it but I think he was intimidated. icon_lol.gif My 4 year old would have gone to town! Last year I made a very good cake of all the flavors I liked best but the sad part is I usually don't make the effort for myself in what I would have wanted. . . it had a bottom border and that was it! One day!

I do know I'd love to have Chris Russom make me a cake. Except I don't have the money and wouldn't spend it anyway despite the fact but he is absolutely amazing.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:19pm
post #76 of 83

My birthday is coming up! Ill be 26 in a few weeks. I love cake, unfortunatly. So yeah, Id love one. Chocolate or carrot cake. Oooo cheesecake! That would be great. Ive banned myself from that stuff right now though. :'( Gained too much from taste-testing my recipes (haha, right.) Oh god I wish cake had no calories.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:25pm
post #77 of 83

Yeah, I'd love to have a cake for my birthday, but nobody ever wants to bake me the flavor I want with the icing I like, so I just do the sliver and thank you thing, wash it down with a whole lot of coffee.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 1:39pm
post #78 of 83

Heck no! I'm already as big as the side of the house from everyone else's birthday cakes. I wouldnt mind a little Blue Bell Chocolate Chip though!!!!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:09pm
post #79 of 83

Fresh strawberries and Blue Bell vanilla ice cream for me. please!!

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #80 of 83

No fancy carved cakes for me. I'd like a moist, light vanilla cake with light (maybe even Rich's Bettercreme) icing. I'm not always so boring, I do make the German chocolate, red velvet, carrot cakes, etc., but the plain cake is all that I want for my birthday.

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 11:56pm
post #81 of 83

I can still eat cake every day including my birthday. So more cake for me icon_lol.gif

yardygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yardygirl Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 12:07am
post #82 of 83

Yes, I want a cake and I don't want to bake it. And I hope it is from scratch.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:41am
post #83 of 83

NOPE...NO WAY...NO HOW! icon_cry.gif i hate cake! i love making them, but i am sick of cake. i did so many cakes when i was in italy that i had cake scraps coming outta my ears!!! give me a cookie cake or brownies for my birthday! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%