Cookies For Sale??

Baking By Rhonda19 Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 10:54pm by cylstrial

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 6

I have been making cookies, cupcakes, and cakes for friends, so I don't charge. I would love to be able to do this for the public, ( legal of course ).

Where I live there are many home bakers that make cakes for the public, but not too many do cupcakes, and " NOBODY " does cookies!! So, I was thinking about doing the cookie bouquets... I do feel that there would be a market for this.

My question... Can you really make money doing cookies??

Thanks

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 6

Definitely! Have you checked out the prices of the cookies that Cookies By Design sells?? They charge an arm and a freaking leg. You won't even need to charge what they charge and you'll make a great profit!

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda19

I have been making cookies, cupcakes, and cakes for friends, so I don't charge. I would love to be able to do this for the public, ( legal of course ).

Where I live there are many home bakers that make cakes for the public, but not too many do cupcakes, and " NOBODY " does cookies!! So, I was thinking about doing the cookie bouquets... I do feel that there would be a market for this.

My question... Can you really make money doing cookies??

Thanks

Calculate how much cost you to do each cookies and how much time...And after that, you can put an hour rate you want to work and add a profit...

Cookies don't cost a lot to do... time cost way much more!
And if you want to be fully legal, add those cost to your cookies..

But yes, I think you can make money with cookies...
I'm looking to start my own business too... And corporative cookie (edible image) and wedding cookie are the most profitable IMO...

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you everyone. I tried to do " a " ... cookie bouquet one time, and couldn't figure out how to put the freaking stick on the cookie!! (LOL) !!!

Someone told me to put the cookie in the bag, and then hot glue the stick to the bag. Would you mind telling me how you add the stick to the bag??

One more question... If you do a cookie bouquet, what type of container do you usually use to put the cookies in??

Thank you

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 6

I attach the stick to the cookie before baking. I cut out the cookie and then gently press the stick onto the back of the cookie. I then roll a small piece of dough (like a worm shape) and gently press that over the stick. Then I bake them up. I've never had any problems with the sticks falling out. I am careful not to move the cookies too much after they come out of the oven....until they're cool....to let that dough set tight around the stick.

I have never attached the stick to the bag. I can't imagine how that wouldn't be all wobbly when trying to create a bouquet. Someone else might have more experience with that. HTH

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 6

I guess I just figured that people turned the bag upside down and then slipped it onto the cookie. Then I would tie the ribbon around the end of the open bag (and around the stick). So the stick never actually gets covered. Just my thoughts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%