Questions About Silk Ribbon And Buttercream

Decorating By r_honda Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 11:55am by Loucinda

r_honda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
r_honda Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 6

I am just looking for tips on putting silk ribbon on a buttercream icing wedding cake , any help would be great,
thanks

5 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 7:24am
post #2 of 6

If you are worried about bc staining the ribbon put a wax paper barrier between the ribbon and the cake. I believe you can use an iron to attach the wax paper to the ribbon. Put the waxy side down on the ribbon and iron (use a paper bag between wax paper and iron).

To attach the ribbon together you can use piping gel, or RI, or two way tape. If you use RI I would add some pins until it has set and then remove the pins.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 6

If you wait till the bc completely crust and sits for a few hours then put your ribbon on you wont have any staining. I do this ALOT, never have problems. Many times I frost on Friday and in the morning put ribbon on and finish up.

r_honda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
r_honda Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:35am
post #4 of 6

thank you for the tips, it was just the information that i was looking for

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:47am
post #5 of 6

You can also line the back of the ribbon with packaging tape to avoid grease. When ribbon attaching it to the cake, overlap the ends of the ribbon and then use double sided tape to secure it.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:55am
post #6 of 6

I completey spray the ribbon with "Pam" - that way there is absolutely no chance of any grease spotting. It will darken the ribbon however.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%