Mortgage Apple Cake, Now An Official Business

Decorating By neelycharmed Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 1:33am by Texas_Rose

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 13

Hi,
I was watching CNN, and saw that the lady who was selling cakes out of her home now has a full business with her apple cake and they are mass producing it along with many of her other cakes.
I remember when it was on here (illegal baking,etc..) not too many were happy about her selling from her home, but now it looks like she's doing great, and will be making lots of money and cakes for awhile now.
Just wanted to update everyone who didn't see it.
thanks,
Jodi

12 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 13

Good for her! I would never begrudge anyone making a living in this economy.

chachagyrl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chachagyrl22 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 13

I am so happy to hear this. There really can be a happy ending! Has anyone from cc ordered a mortgage cake? I was thinking about it. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 13

It's nice to hear it worked out great for her!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 13

Yes its great to hear that. thumbs_up.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 13

hmmm, maybe someone would feel sorry for me, and my business would just take off... NOT! Best of luck to her, but but geez.... it just burns my butt.... this lady starts selling cakes illegally to pay her mortgage because of whatever reason, then gets national news coverage and suddenly she's a mass production business?

I'd love to have something that I do take off like that! Hell, I have bills to pay too... I have a kid who needs unknown amounts of therapy and treatments and we have a tough time just paying RENT on our apartment.

Like I said, I don't begrudge her, but it's just disheartening sometimes to read stories like this.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 13

Well I'm not disheartened. I'm happy for anyone who reaches success. I'm really happy for her, cause she was able to save her home.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 13

I am very happy for her. When we can rejoice with others, we are also blessed. icon_smile.gif

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 13

Good for her! I like hearing when people have success stories!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 7:59pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelycharmed

Hi,
I was watching CNN, and saw that the lady who was selling cakes out of her home now has a full business with her apple cake and they are mass producing it along with many of her other cakes.
I remember when it was on here (illegal baking,etc..) not too many were happy about her selling from her home, but now it looks like she's doing great, and will be making lots of money and cakes for awhile now.
Just wanted to update everyone who didn't see it.
thanks,
Jodi

Bless her sweet heart! If it weren't for taking chances we wouldn't have vaccines, open heart surgery or have made it to the moon. Something for the nay-sayers to think about. icon_biggrin.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:02pm
post #11 of 13

I think what has happened to her is terrific! She had disaster strike...and she fought back. No whining or crying, just pull myself up by my boot straps and do whatever it takes to save my house. She obviously has a business mind and that is how she pulled this off.

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:10am
post #12 of 13

I am very happy for her. I was hoping that it would turn out like this. There are so many people in this world have turned their misfortune into some successful business. She aint the first and wont be the last! All things happen for a reason. Best wishes and much success to her!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:33am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

hmmm, maybe someone would feel sorry for me, and my business would just take off... NOT! Best of luck to her, but but geez.... it just burns my butt.... this lady starts selling cakes illegally to pay her mortgage because of whatever reason, then gets national news coverage and suddenly she's a mass production business?

I'd love to have something that I do take off like that! Hell, I have bills to pay too... I have a kid who needs unknown amounts of therapy and treatments and we have a tough time just paying RENT on our apartment.

Like I said, I don't begrudge her, but it's just disheartening sometimes to read stories like this.

I know what you mean...maybe I should start selling Broken Leg Cakes to try to pay off my medical bills icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Who knows, I might end up with a legal business without any of the startup costs!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%