Sharon Zambito Flavor Question...what Do You Use?

Decorating By mannjc Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 11:13pm by mannjc

mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 6

I'm (impatiently) waiting for my buttercream dvd to arrive but have a cake this weekend that i would like to do using her recipe for bc. I've read the recipe and watched it on youtube. My question is about the wedding bouquet...4 tbsp seems like a lot if i'm substituting it with just vanilla and almond extracts. Do you bump up the creamer and lessen the amount of extract? I appreciate any input icon_smile.gif

5 replies
momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 6

I use vanilla and bakers compliment and use 2 tablespoons of flavor and 14 Tablespoons of milk.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 6

Just start adding more milk when the consistency isn't the way you want it to be.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 6

I don't use the wedding bouquet flavouring at all - or any flavouring for that matter. I buy the liquid coffee creamer (not powdered) in a number of flavours and just use that. At the grocery store, I can get up to 6 or 7 different flavours of coffee creamer. Some of the creamers are not white-white (most are though), so they may affect the colour of the icing. I never care about that if I am going to colour the icing or cover it with fondant. However, if I want a really white icing, I use Irish Cream flavoured coffee creamer as it is white.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 6

yes, do it the way you mentioned. and thank you for being patient while we were at ICES...icon_smile.gif

mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the suggestions icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%