Another Use For The Cricut

Decorating By Verina Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 5:15pm by Cookie4

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 6

Why can't you cut your own personalised cupcake liners? What a win! You can cut out a person's name in one colour paper on the one side and stick his cut out name in another colour on the other side of the cupcake liner. I'm making this up as I type but my thinking cap is on and I was just wonder ... just think about all the beautiful, personalised themes or logos that you can cut in the border

I've just found out about this AMAZING machine ONLY YESTERDAY. I'm already saving for mine and I found a distributor in SOUTH AFRICA!!! I'm so fired up about it I want to jump. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait until I've saved enough money!!!

5 replies
shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 6

I had wondered the same thing. There are some cupcake liner templates on CC. I don't know how you would get the Cricut to cut out this curved shape. If you know how to do this I would love to learn.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 6

A few folks on here have made some of the fancy cupcake wrappers (the ones that sell for ridiculous prices on cake supply sites) using the cricut, and names can certainly be worked into the designs... really the possibilities are endless for fun stuff to do with this machine!

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 6

The sky is the limit with the Cricut and some software. Here is a link to some free Cricut files for cupcake wrappers:

http://mesharingwithu.blogspot.com/2008/08/3-cupcake-wrappers.html.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 4:50am
post #5 of 6

ptanyer: Thank you so much for that link. Will definately go and have a look. I don't know how it all works but am going to learn as much as possible. I am still saving for my Cricut though ...

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 6

Love this idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%