Rkt Help , Where Is The Old Recipe

Baking By Suzy40 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm by KHalstead

Suzy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy40 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:06am
post #1 of 5

Looking for the old recipes for RKT , it had no butter and was made in the microwave
HELP
I hate the butter version

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 5

Just melt marshmallows in the microwave (I use a whole bag, I think it's a 10 oz. bag) for 30 seconds, stir, then 30 more seconds until all melted. When I take it out of the microwave I add 1 tsp. clear vanilla and 1 tsp. butter flavored extract (then you get the bbutter flavor without adding butter) then I crush about half of my 6 cups of rice krispies with my hands making them smaller (this isn't necessary if you're not carving them) and then leaves the rest big. Crushing them makes your end product much more compact so when you carve you don't have holes in your sculpture or a textured appearance if you cover with fondant.

HTH

Oh and when you add the cereal, just keep adding until everything is coated with marshmallow but doesn't look white.......if your ratio of marshmallows to r.k. cereal is off and you have too many marshmallows and not enough cereal, your sculpture will be too soft. The cereal should all be "coated" and look sticky but not "white" you should clearly see the cereal through the marshmallows.

Libberator3000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Libberator3000 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 5

Cool tip! I didn't start this thread, but I popped in because I'm doing my first RKT sculpture this weekend. (a mountain...not too intricate) The crushing is a good tip! Thank you!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 5

I have always wondered if you are able to actually eat the RKT after you crush it and compact it to use when sculpturing? Does this make it too firm and you are not able to cut it?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 5

it's always the first thing to disappear so they're definitely still edible.....it does make it firmer but nobody has ever complained or even mentioned it as a matter of fact. I don't crush ALL of the r.k. though......just a third or half depending on what i'm sculpting

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%