Decorating Trends

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 5:47am by sugarandslice

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:28am
post #1 of 3

It seems as though there are alot more cakes with lots of piping, swags, string work and double boarders. Alsot more of the cakes have a "old fashioned" look to me. Is this a trend that others have noticed?

2 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:37am
post #2 of 3

I just think cakes are getting more and more decadent in general. I've only been decorating for about three years, but I can remember when I started people were thrilled that we (by we I mean the grocery store bakery that I started at) could put a graduate's picture on their cake. Now they want their picture, jersey number, flowers, a grad cap and diploma, the name of the college they're attending, "Congratulations Joe! Everytown High School Graduate Class of 2009" written on the cake, oh, and can the cake be the shape of their first car? Seriously?

I think Jen from Cake Wrecks said it perfectly with the title of one of her blogs, "When the world is not enough, throw some more crap on there!"

Now we just need Deb to counter with her opinion that there are no cake trends... icon_biggrin.gifmadhatter.gif

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:47am
post #3 of 3

I've got to say I'm not a fan of the bag/purse cake trend. I really admire the skill it takes to make one of these cakes, I just don't see the appeal myself (probably because I'm not really into the whole fashion thing!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%