I Had To Bake This Cake 3 Times

Decorating By Ginni Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 1:16am by Ruth0209

Ginni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginni Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:07am
post #1 of 6

I had an order for a sporty cake right before a hurricane. I'm from Louisiana so its not really that big of a deal. Except, I put the cake on to bake and went outside to help my family get the yard and house ready for the storm. I ended up forgetting about the cake and it burnt to a crisp. This was the day before the cake was due. I figured I could make again the next morning if I got up early enough and still have time to decorate it. The next morning, I baked it again, and set it out to let it cool on a rack that stands up really high. After it was cool, I went to pick up the rack and the cake slid right off the rack and onto the counter and broke into pieces. I set out to bake it again when some of the outer bands started to come though. A limb broke and hit a power line in our neighbor hood and we lost power. The power company fixed it in a couple hours so I was about 3 hours before the party time and I baked it again. This time I put it on a low rack, stacked it and delivered it minutes before the party started. That was the most nervous I have ever been about a cake.

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:17am
post #2 of 6

Wow, you *are* persistent! So sorry you had such a time but glad it all worked out in the endicon_smile.gif

imarpet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imarpet Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 6

wow! THAT'S PERSISTENCE, dammit!!!!!!

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 6

Great work!!! You are an inspiration to cakers everywhere!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:10am
post #5 of 6

Love your persistence.....even with a hurricane coming......you are a true baker.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:16am
post #6 of 6

Good grief! That WAS a nail biter, huh!? I think I'd be ready to throw up on my shoes at that point!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%