Ok, I'll Bite....what Is Sps?

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 2:22am by leah_s

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 6

I've seen a lot of posts about using SPS instead of dowels? Can someone please tell me what it is and where to get it?

5 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 6

There is a sticky about it on the top of the How Do I? forum - here's the link http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

I believe you have to order it online...check the thread for more info thumbs_up.gif

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:32am
post #4 of 6

No, that is Wilton. SPS is a separator plate system where the posts actually snap onto the plate and provide so much support that you don't have to worry about wobbling and sliding. Here is the link to it: http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=887.

Bakery Crafts makes it.

I will never make a tiered cake without it after I did a 7 tier wedding cake a couple of months ago. That system gave me so much confidence in setting up the tiers and transporting them for the final set up.

It's worth every penny. I do like others and factor in the costs of the SPS into my tiered cakes.

HTH's icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:54am
post #5 of 6

I use sps and will NEVER use anything else.....they are VERY inexpensive if you buy them at oasis supply dot com. I charge brides a $10.00/plate rental and deposit....so they pay an extra $20.00 per plate I use, and they rarely ever bring them back....I make a killing on those things......even the larger ones aren't $10.00 each. I made the cost outlandish in the hopes that they'd return them and I wouldn't have to worry about ordering them all the time......but as it turns out......I make so much profit on them when they don't bring them back that I'm happy to order more lol

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 2:22am
post #6 of 6

ditto. As I always say, Easy. Cheap. Sturdy. Why would you use anything else?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%