Getting Tiny Lumps Out Of Ri?

Baking By Elise87 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm by Sugarflowers

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

I have an ongoing problem with clogging very small tips with my RI even when i sift my icing sugar when i try and pipe small outlines on my cookies.

I have been told straining it though the stocking tip to get rid of any lumps and it works most of the time except when i add cocoa to the mix and then it becomes harder to go through for some reason and also i end up with a huge mess when i do it!

Anyway i was wondering if anyone else has any tips on how they 'strain' their RI to get lumps out. Could u just use a seive, except i don't think the holes in it are small enough to do anything....or is the stocking tip still the way to go

Thanks for any advice icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:00am
post #2 of 4

Straining through a knee-high hose is the best you will be able to do. When I do this I put the icing filled hose into the piping bag, hold it tightly, and then pull the hose out. Cutting the hose in half will keep you from stretching your arm out of socket. icon_smile.gif

Also be sure that your tip is perfectly clean, round, and has no burrs or cracks.

HTH

Michele

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 4

thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

BTW sugarflowers just want to say (even though you prob get it all the time) your work in your gallery is absoltely georgeous!! Especially your avatar, the flowers are stunning!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you. God granted me a wonderful gift. Otherwise, I couldn't make anything look good! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%